Thursday, June 10, 2010

Organ meats in East Dulwich, Afternoon Tea in The City...

I've finally made it out to East Dulwich and Franklins and I have to say that it was well worth the trek.  I had my first ever rolled spleen (sounds awful I know, couldn't they have come up with a cuter name like "sweetbreads" gets?) and enjoyed some perfectly prepared wood pigeon. I'm not sure how often I'll want to walk to bus to tube to bus to walk there, but I imagine it will be once in a while.

I've been researching places for afternoon tea for my sister and her daughters when they come to visit in August.  My nieces are 7 and 10, so they will enjoy much of the food and atmosphere at most places, but I'm hoping that they will want to attend somewhere a bit more interesting and unique than Harrod's.  I may have to go on a fact finding mission to Sketch, though.  I've read very nice things about their interiors and the things that come on the tiered plates, but I also read a little tidbit about a sculpture of two dogs copulating in the corner of the room.  Not exactly age appropriate for the girls...

Perhaps it will have to be Fortnum and Mason for tea.  Or Liberty...

No comments: