I made a double batch so that I could compare notes with the batch made in my trusty, though cumbersome Yogurella (I cannot claim naming rights to this guy).
- Firmness- very loosey goosey, more the consistency of undercooked custard than the firm yogurt I like
- Mouthfeel- smooth enough, but without the firmness, not so great
- Acidity- a little stronger than mild, definitely sat in the oven for too long
- Look- not so pleasant once a spoonful was taken out, became shaggy and broke apart once 1/2 was removed
- Flavor- still excellent flavor, but hard to overcome the lack of firmness
- Separation- extreme, the whey was definitely separating out before even the first spoonful was removed
- Firmness- good, held it's shape even after the first spoonful was removed
- Mouthfeel- smooth
- Acidity- mild, in fact, milder than the oven batch
- Look- very nice, light color, inviting
- Flavor- excellent flavor, the greek yogurt starter makes every batch taste so rich
- Separation- only the slightest bit of visible whey
I will get this right! Much as I love the name Yogurella, I'd rather go Luddite on this one and just use the most basic kitchen equipment. I am a purist after all!