Monday, March 9, 2009

Things I've been eating in London

Well, things have been pretty hectic since we arrived. My photography has been spotty and a lot of our eating has been uninspired, like warm up stuff from
The gallery at the Liverpool Tube Station has a Marks and Spencer and encased in glass. Haven't been yet, but imagine it'll come in handy one day
Marks and Spencer. But I realized that it's been over a month since I posted last.
Parsnip Soup and Melt Chocolate were a couple of things I took away this time from Melrose and Morgan. A 2 mile walk from our flat, worth every single step every time!
Here's a few pictures of what I've been having.
Things I didn't get pictures of were a lamb pie with pea and potato mash and gravy from Square Pie,
What tea cupboard would be complete without teas from your favorite places. When my Pac NW stash runs out I'll have to find some replacements. Of course there'e Taylor's of Harrogate, but what about the smaller ones? Will have to keep my eyes out at Borough Market.
Banbury Cakes from A. Gold and then there was a nice tasting at Oliviers and Co which resulted in lovely oil harvested late in the season from Aix en Provence and a very potent balsamic vinegar.
I love this old ghost of a sign on the wall above a non descript corner shop by Abbey Road. Classy.

No comments: